Last Christmas when I made snowman cupcakes I swore to myself that I would never do anything like that again. Those cupcakes were a total nightmare! As much as I love all of the darling cupcakes and treats that I see and that I desire to make I honestly do not have the patience for it. When I bake I am much like a tornado. I move quick and fast and I leave a huge mess!
It has been almost a year since I swore off trying to make cutsey difficult cupcakes so this time I picked something that looked much more doable! I found this idea on Pinterest. If you have not been on Pinterest you have to check it out but I will warn you that it is highly addicting.
You can follow me on Pinterest HERE
When I saw these cute little owl cupcakes I decided that I would give them a try for Hadley’s pumpkin party. They looked really simple and I felt pretty confident that I could pull them off without too much frustration.
I love the owl cupcakes, they were very easy to make. They are great for Fall, Halloween or even Thanksgiving!
- Your Favorite Cupcake Recipe
- Chocolate Frosting
- Package Regular Oreos (I used Newman’s Cream Filled Chocolate Cookie’s)
- Brown M&M’s
- Candy Corn
- Assemble your eyes. Dab a bit of frosting on a brown M&M and place slightly off-centered on the white of the cookie.
- Frost the cupcake
- Place two of the Oreo eyes on the cupcake and place the candy corn beak on.
- Using a toothpick, make “ears” for the owl.