I did it!!!
I am so excited that I completed my 6 mile run. I have had so much anxiety about my runs because I am not in shape like I used to be many years ago. The night before I actually had nightmares about my run and in the morning I could hardly stomach to eat anything because of me nerves. Being a part of a team adds a felling of pressure to me that I never felt when I ran solo. When I run alone I am not all that worried about my time, distance OR endurance but when I am with a team I feel much added pressure to do my very best!
My amazing coach Ed seems to think that I should go for the full marathon this season. He believes in me and claims that I will be fully trained to do a full marathon 26.2 miles by mid October. I think he is nuts!! How the hell am I going to be ready to run a full marathon by then. I never even considered running a full marathon so soon. My plan was to take baby steps by doing a half marathon this season and then perhaps a full next season. What do you think? I have so many people pushing me to do a full marathon but I do not think that I can do it. My options are to either do the Seattle Full Marathon at the end of November or the Honolulu Marathon in December. The pressure is on as I have to make this decision very soon. My fundraising goal will also increase by about $1,000 if I choose to go for the full marathon.
This week I learned that…
- I need to think positive thoughts & stop the constant self doubt!! I need to let go of my fear of failure.
- Salt shots work great for my dizziness!!
- Slowing down a little bit during the last mile and then bringing it home at the last 1/2 mile worked really well.
- LOVE running in a skirt!! It feel so much much better than my shorts!
- I got used to my running belt very quickly and loved it.
- I can do anything through God
- Prayer carries me when I feel like quitting!
On this run I was inspired by many of the great mentors and coaches out there. A big HUGE thank you goes to this amazing group of people!!
I will run for all the honorees and in memory of my friends and family that have lost their lives to cancer.
Just finished my 6 mile run.
Track Night… The coahes kick my butt ever time!! Ouch!
Racing to Save Lives
Please Click HERE to support my race and to save lives.